Jamarosa also known as Cymbopogon khasians, is a species of rose that is native to Asia. The plant produces large, fragrant flowers that range in colour from pink to red, and people use them to make rose oil and rose water through a process of steam distillation.
Jamarosa Hydrosol is a by-product that results from the steam distillation process used to extract essential oil from the flower of the Jamarosa plant. It is a clear, colourless liquid with a fresh, floral, and sweet aroma. Jamarosa Hydrosol contains many of the same beneficial compounds found in the essential oil, making it a versatile and useful addition to personal care, cleaning, and medicinal applications.
Botanical Name: Cymbopogon khasians
BOTANICAL NAME: Cymbopogon khasians
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Solubility: Soluble in Water
Color & Odor: Colorless to pale yellow in color with a rosy-grassy odor
Constituents: Geraniol and Geranyl acetate
Specific Gravity: N/A
Flash Point: N/A
Optical Rotation: N/A
Major Constituents: Citral, Linalyl acetate, Trans-caryophyllene, Patchoulane, β-ocimene, Farnesol, Geranyl butyrate Neryl acetate, Limonene, and Citronellal.
There are numerous potential uses and benefits of Jamarosa floral water, including:
- Skin Care: Jamarosa floral water is known for its soothing and moisturizing properties. It can be used to hydrate dry skin and reduce redness and inflammation.
- Hair Care: Jamarosa floral water can be added to hair care products or used as a hair rinse to add shine and nourishment to the hair.
- Aromatherapy: Jamarosa floral water has a calming and soothing effect on the emotions, it can be used in a diffuser to help alleviate stress, anxiety and tension.
- Wound Healing: Jamarosa floral water has natural antiseptic and astringent properties, it can be used to cleanse wounds, reduce inflammation, and promote healing.
- Menstrual Cramps: Jamarosa floral water can be added to a warm compress and applied to the lower abdomen to help relieve menstrual cramps.
- Deodorant: Jamarosa floral water can be used as a natural deodorant.
It is always a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional before using Jamarosa floral water for medicinal purposes and always perform a patch test before using it topically.
*Packaging in G.I. Drums is also Available