Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus spp) is a diverse genus of trees and shrubs, which are native to Australia but have been introduced to many other parts of the world. The leaves of eucalyptus trees are typically blue-green in color and have a strong, distinct aroma.
The steam distillation process used to extract essential oil from eucalyptus leaves produces Eucalyptus hydrosol as a by-product. It is a clear, colorless liquid with a fresh, medicinal, and woody aroma. Eucalyptus hydrosol contains many of the same beneficial compounds. Found in essential oil, making it a versatile and useful addition to personal care, cleaning, and medicinal applications.
Botanical Name: Eucalyptus globules
Method of Extraction: Steam Distillation
Source: Pointed twigs and mature leaves
Solubility: Soluble in Water
Color & Odor: A thin clear & colorless liquid with a special eucalyptus odor
Constituents: 1,8-cineole (Eucalyptol), citronellal, citronellol, citronellyl acetate, p-cymene, eucamalol, limonene, linalool, α-pinene, γ-terpinene, α-terpineol and aromadendrene
Specific Gravity: 0.950 – 1.050 @ 20°C
Flash Point: N/A
Optical Rotation: 1.2730-1.2760
Major Constituents: 1,8-cineol (49.07 to 83.59%) and α-pinene (1.27 to 26.35%)
Eucalyptus hydrosol floral water has many potential uses and benefits, some of which include:
- Respiratory Health: Eucalyptus hydrosol floral water has decongestant properties that can help to clear nasal passages and relieve symptoms of colds, flu, and asthma.
- Skin Care: It can be used as a toner for oily skin and acne-prone skin, It can also be used to soothe minor skin irritations and reduce inflammation.
- Hair Care: Eucalyptus hydrosol floral water can be added to shampoo or used as a hair rinse to stimulate hair growth and remove dandruff.
- Aromatherapy: Eucalyptus hydrosol floral water has a strong, fresh, and medicinal aroma that can help to improve mood and reduce stress. It can be added to diffusers or used in steam inhalation.
- Cleaning: Eucalyptus hydrosol floral water can be used as a natural cleaner to remove dirt and grime from surfaces, it has natural antiseptic properties that can help to disinfect and sanitize.
- Pain relief: Eucalyptus hydrosol floral water can be used in a compress or added to a bath to provide relief to sore muscles and joints.
- Insect Repellent: Eucalyptus hydrosol floral water can be used as a natural insect repellent.
It is always advisable to consult a healthcare professional before using eucalyptus hydrosol floral water for medicinal purposes or for topically applying it to the skin.
*Packaging in G.I. Drums is also Available